Cook, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Head Start|
|Supervisor:||Health, Safety and Nutrition Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||April 26, 2017|
The Cook will be responsible for food ordering, calculating food used and completing CACFP documentation, follows the menu, and is responsible for special events.
- Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Maintain nutrition budget and records.
- Orders all necessary food and supplies for the Head Start program on a weekly basis with input from the kitchen staff.
- Check food shipments and sign invoices only after each order has been verified.
- Has input on the four rotating menus (spring, summer, fall, winter) with nutritionist in planning school breakfast and lunch menus based on CAFCP nutritional guidelines.
- Determines the quantity of food according to the planned menu and determines if the finished product is of the best quality in flavor and appearance before it is served.
- Responsible for preparing accurate monthly inventory sheets and daily food production records.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Reports to the Health and Nutrition Program Manager any faulty equipment or inferior food received.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
- Vaccination must be current and kept current for the duration of employment.
- Standing, walking, bending and stooping, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Two years experience in food service and knowledge of food preparation is required.
- Food handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Working knowledge of food inventory and ordering are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720