Cook Supervisor, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The Cook Supervisor is responsible for ordering food and supplies and for the maintenance of the highest hygiene standards throughout the kitchen, including assisting in the preparation and provision of meals and to have the responsibility for the day to day running of the kitchen. The Cook Supervisor will ensure the kitchen is in compliance with relevant Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements for example; the keeping of proper records of food and equipment temperatures.
- Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts.
- Check food shipments and sign invoices only after each order has been verified.
- Plan/develops schools breakfast and lunch menus based on nutritional guidelines.
- Determines the quantity of each food to be served daily according to the lunch count.
- Prepares food according to the planned menu and determines if the finished product is of the best quality in flavor and appearance before it is served.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Assists with the cleanup duties within the kitchen.
- Reports to the K-12 School Wide Principal of any faulty equipment or inferior food received.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary
- Ability to lift and carry to up 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Two years experience in food service is required.
- Food handler’s certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire; employee must become certified within 3 months of hire, employment is contingent upon certification.
- Working knowledge of food inventory and ordering is required.
- Knowledge of cleanliness and sanitation standards for food serving is required.
- Knowledge of personal cleanliness standards and ability to conform to good hygienic practices is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720