Custodian, Full Time/On Call/Sub
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
This position is responsible for all custodial/housekeeping required within the assigned areas to ensure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned areas at all times. Assist in the safety, security and operation of the Fond du Lac Education Division facilities.
- Performs all routine general cleaning duties as follows:
- Clean all hard floors daily.
- Clean and maintain all carpet daily.
- Remove all trash daily and replace liners as needed.
- Clean all walls, doors, and door casings daily or as needed.
- Clean all desks and furniture daily or as needed.
- Clean all chalkboards/wipe boards daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all drinking fountains and sinks daily.
- Clean and disinfect all washroom facilities daily including toilets, sinks, mirrors, o stalls, etc.
- Clean and fill all dispensers daily.
- Clean custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment needed for daily cleaning or as needed.
- Report needed repairs or problems promptly to supervisor.
- Perform “deep cleaning” tasks as assigned:
- Strip, scrub and refinish all hard floors as needed.
- Shampoo, extract and maintain carpet as needed.
- Clean all light fixtures as needed.
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Clean cafeteria and other interior windows as needed.
- Clean all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all lockers and shower areas daily or as needed.
- Clean all entryway carpet runners as needed.
- Do necessary cleaning in miscellaneous areas such as storage areas and stairways as needed.
- Snow removal from sidewalks, steps, and walkways and driveways. Apply ice melt as needed.
- Keep the school grounds free of litter.
- Grass cutting, tree trimming, etc. as necessary, to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic hardware are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Keeps all walkways and doorways free of boxes, equipment or material to ensure a clear fire exit.
- Regulates heat and ventilation systems to provide temperature appropriate to the season.
- Disposes of all cardboard to recycling bin daily.
- Makes minor repairs as needed.
- Reports any damage immediately to the Custodial Supervisor or Building Principals.
- Make certain all entry doors, office and classroom doors are locked at the end of the afternoon shift.
- Reprots to work on time in accordance with Fond du Lac Reservation employee policies. Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness. Employee must be flexible as to work hours due to the school calendar or weather.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to pass physical examination is required.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning material and equipment is required.
- Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Good physical health and endurance is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Ability to establish professional relationships with all parties involved, and facilitates harmonious working relationships at work and on projects, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720