Tribal Enterprise Executive Director, Full Time
|Supervisor:||Reservation Business Committee|
|Closing Date:||March 31, 2017|
Under the general administrative direction of the Reservation Business Committee, this position provides leadership and direction in the administration of the business enterprises of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. This position directs the activities of the senior level directors and managers and coordinates their activities.
- Responsible for the development, oversight, direction and supervision of the overall operations of all business enterprises to ensure effectiveness and profitability of each business entity.
- Provides managerial leadership and direction to direct reports of each enterprise, acting as liaison between business operations and the Reservation Business Committee.
- Designs and maintains organizational structure, establishes major operational objectives, monitors progress and takes necessary corrective action.
- Facilitates the implementation of the Band’s strategic plans, goals and missions as defined by the Reservation Business Committee. Assures the development and implementation of short and long range plans to meet those goals.
- Works closely with department managers in the identification of operational problems, putting into place policies and procedures to solve such problems.
- Administers and implements all Enterprise-related policies and directives of the Fond du Lac Reservation Business Committee.
- Assures the effective and efficient utilization of Band employees, funds, materials, facilities and time.
- Ensures fiscally responsible management of each business entity by conducting periodic financial analyses of each entity, reviewing services provided to the customers and assessing overall effectiveness while continually seeking ways to improve upon the quality/quantity of services provided.
- Leads departmental managers in the development and implementation of short and long term goals and the business planning process to ensure attainment of the Board’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees preparation of each business entity’s annual budget; establishes objectives for the budget and identifies budgetary constraints. Evaluates budget proposals of each business entity manager, develops final budget recommendations for consideration by the Reservation Business Committee.
- Serves as liaison between the Reservation Business Committee and other agencies as directed by the Reservation Business Committee, keeping the Reservation Business Committee informed of all pertinent information arising from such contacts.
- Serves on various committees as assigned by the Reservation Business Committee.
- Reports regularly to the Reservation Business Committee in both oral and written form, attending all required meetings.
- Establishes a positive relationship with all federal, state, local and tribal agencies and pursues matters on behalf of the Reservation Business Committee.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or closely related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in business planning, development, fiscal management, short and long-range planning processes, and considerable supervisory experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of gaming facilities and their function is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, including report writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with varying tasks, responsibilities, or people.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720