Facilities Site Supervisor, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||February 24, 2017|
Assist the Facilities Coordinator with responsibility for facility operations, maintenance, appearance, safety and preventive maintenance programs of all Human Services buildings and grounds.
- Assists the Facilities Coordinator with the development of the facilities management budget. Compiles building systems maintenance records and material costs and prepares related reports, as requested.
- Works cooperatively with the Coordinator to establish procedures and schedules for preventative, regular, and ongoing care and maintenance for all facilities, grounds, and equipment. Develops and maintains an annual work program. Ensures that proper action is taken to develop the plan, estimates and order materials for this work plan so that weekly schedules can be prepared and assigned.
- Conducts routing inspections of all facility components to assure proper operation and condition and to identify more extensive replacement or repair needs. Follow standard practices and manufacturer’s maintenance procedures for particular systems and equipment.
- Serves as the lead facility emergency contact; responds immediately to all safety and security alarms, as assigned.
- Supervises maintenance/custodial staff engaged in the maintenance of the facility, as assigned. Performs the following duties, including, but not limited to maintaining and repairing physical structures and building utility systems; maintaining grounds, painting and performing repairs and maintenance to masonry, woodwork, drywall, doors/locks and furnishing of buildings, maintaining electrical components and controls, HVAC systems, water distribution and plumbing systems, boilers, storage tanks, water softeners, air handlers, pumps chillers, etc. Ensures that maintenance staff is able to perform any of the above duties.
- Supervises maintenance/custodial staff and plans leave requests, performs annual evaluations, determines training needs, scheduling, etc.
- Assumes responsibility and/or assigns the responsibility for minor repairs and emergency repairs to staff and works with contractors in the event they are needed to complete the repair.
- Assists in the development of plans and implements maintenance and renovation projects, makes cost estimates, secures appropriate quotes and inspects work.
- Assists in maintaining all Human Services Division vehicle fleet and motorized equipment.
- Orders supplies for the mechanical and cleaning operation of the building, as needed.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of all custodial supplies, building and grounds supplies, along with equipment of the division that may include artwork, office supplies/furniture, etc.
- Assists the Coordinator to ensure that the following tasks are performed by the Facilities Management staff, but not limited to the following areas: Snow removal from sidewalks, steps, and walkways and driveways. Apply ice melt as necessary. Keep all grounds free of litter. Grass cutting, tree trimming, etc. as necessary, to maintain the grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Assists in the coordinating of snow and ice removal at all facilities in order to protect the safety of patients, staff and guests.
- Assists the Coordinator to inspect each building quarterly (more often if necessary), and communicates with Directors on facility needs.
- Supervises and coordinates maintenance and inspection of boilers, security alarms, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations and emergency showers, etc. on a regular basis, as assigned.
- Complete custodial duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Responds to work orders promptly and keeps a record of completed work orders.
- Ensures adequate staffing for continued facilities management responsibilities.
- Assists the Coordinator to establish an orientation and/or in-service training for all new, regular, and temporary personnel.
- Performs annual evaluations of maintenance/custodial personnel.
- Assists the Coordinator to arrange personnel assignments to deal with emergencies and to cover such events as equipment breakdowns, employee absences, and natural disaster incidents.
- Ensures compliance with building, health and safety, environment and other governmental related codes, procedures to ensure proper inspection.
- Participates in all safety inspections.
- Transport maintenance supplies, equipment, and furniture as needed.
- Assists the Safety Officer with the planning and administration of emergency procedures, including fire drills, severe weather/tornado drills, lockdown drills and other emergency procedures.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members, and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to move, climb, and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders, scaffolding and power lift equipment at heights up to 30 feet is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Post-secondary training/education is preferred.
- At least three years of faculties supervisory experience is required.
- Knowledge on chemical applications, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is required.
- Certifications in asbestos management, ergonomics, air quality, pest management, building codes, chemical applications, and other state or federal safety/health compliance issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in facilities maintenance and operations is required.
- Willing to work flexible hours is required.
- Demonstrated experience with automated facility management systems/building controls (Honeywell, etc.) is required.
- Technical knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electricity, carpentry, and masonry skills are required.
- Ability to supervise and manage effectively is required.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must have a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being a minimum coverage be and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720