Foster Care Specialist, Full Time
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The Foster Care Specialist will license, relicense and provide support and training to foster care providers within the boundaries of the Fond du Lac Reservation. They will work collaboratively with social workers to provide child placement.
- Recruit Indian foster parents on the Fond du Lac Reservation.
- Assist applicants through licensing process.
- Serve as agency case manager for foster parents.
- Assess needs of foster parents in the placement of foster children.
- Monitor and report needs of foster parents and foster care settings to the Coordinator.
- Schedule required training sessions for foster parents.
- Document all services provided and complete appropriate reports in a timely manner.
- Perform duties to maintain foster home for re-licensure.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Social Work or related field is required.
- One year of professional experience working with Indian families is required.
- Foster care experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720