GED Teacher, Part Time
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center, Brookston Center, or Sawyer Center|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Teach GED classes to students individually or in small groups.
- Provide Adult Basic Education classes in math, reading, and writing.
- Register new students.
- Answer questions about the GED program, testing, wavers, etc.
- Work with students to develop learning activities reflecting student needs, interests and goals.
- Collaborate with the other GED programs on the Reservation to match the student to the best program to fit the student’s needs.
- Administer pre and post tests.
- Track student attendance.
- Assess student study skills and give assistance to improve the skills.
- Provide students with progress reports.
- Provide and planned, individual instruction to each student in the class.
- Explore and utilize literacy resources and other program materials to insure an appropriate program of instruction for each student. Become familiar with new materials as they are added to the program resources.
- Act as an educational advisor to students, maintaining frequent communication with each student about students’ needs and ability levels. Provide informal counseling in areas of personal, vocational, and educational concerns. Make appropriate referrals regarding future education, vocational training, and employment.
- Maintain submit student records in a timely fashion • Promote literacy.
- Ensures that confidentiality of all students is respected.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Valid teacher’s license for any grade 1-12 or an Adult Basic Education endorsement is required.
- Experience working with adult learners is required.
- Strong effective oral communication skills are required.
- Computer skills are required.
- Attention to accuracy is required.
- Some travel required.
- Strict adherence to confidentially in accordance with the Federal Privacy Act and Band data practices and policies is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720