Human Services Director, Full Time
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Programs Executive Director|
|Closing Date:||April 14, 2017|
This position provides leadership, direction and the overall management for the Fond du Lac Human Services division.
- Administer all human service related programs for the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Provide leadership and direction for the day-to-day management of the operations of the Human Services Division team members.
- Ensures that Standards of Care and compliance with Accreditation Standards are maintained and changing regulatory requirements are met.
- Provides direction, leadership, expertise, knowledge and insight on information of national and tribal health care policy, trends, and position guidelines to team members, Board of Directors, and the Reservation Business Committee.
- Provides leadership and direction for data analysis and collection for developing the strategic planning process.
- Negotiates with Indian Health Service (IHS) Area Office Lead Negotiator for the Annual Funding agreement for IHS Healthcare funding.
- Monitor all budgets and cost centers for requests and modifications, revise budgets, and submit contract modifications when needed throughout the fiscal year.
- Oversees the recruitment of professional staff.
- Evaluate all coordinators for annual, merit, and probationary status review.
- Monitor program activities and reports.
- Present all program reports at monthly RBC meetings.
- Orient new staff about privacy act regulations.
- Discipline staff and/or ensure that disciplinary procedures are carried out for disciplinary action.
- Assist staff in obtaining technical assistance, training or education.
- Collect and/or monitor all operations forms for human services staff.
- Coordinate and/or conduct assessment activities to identify unmet human services needs.
- Coordinate Fond du Lac Human Services with other public and private service programs.
- Advise the Reservation Business Committee about matters concerning contracting mechanisms, program activities, staff hiring, and retention, etc.
- Be the primary contact person for Fond du Lac Human Services to all other agencies, institutions, or people.
- Attend and/or conduct staff meetings, Human Services Advisory Board meetings, Division Director Meetings, various committee meetings, and meets with other agencies.
- Evaluate current and new programs as needed or arrange for outside evaluation.
- Provide for quality assurance reviews where appropriate and update the Quality Assurance Plan.
- Coordinate the preparation and collection of financial documents and bills.
- Complete annual reports and submit them to appropriate persons and/or agencies in a timely fashion.
- Represent Fond du Lac Human Service Division to the various area media.
- Plan for and supervise facility construction, maintenance and operation.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures necessary for the successful operations of all program activities. Update the Human Service Division’s Policy and Procedures Manual annually.
- Organize and conduct Human Service Advisory Board and Duluth Human Service Advisory Board meetings.
- Select, purchase, maintain and allocate division vehicles.
- Manage RBC properties used for Human Service Division operation by:
- preparing leases and negotiating lease agreements.
- selecting tenants and allocating space
- collecting rents and securing resources for planned maintenance
- securing and maintaining appropriate licensure required for program operation
- securing bids and/or subcontractors for required renovation
- providing detailed accounting documentation for all purchases
- developing a space allocation plan for each facility
- maintaining an inviting atmosphere in all facilities
- assuring adequate maintenance resources are available
- establishing security measures and procedures for each facility
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Master’s degree in Nursing Administration, Public Health, Public Administration, Health Care Administration, or Business Administration is required.
- Five years experience working in healthcare required. Experience must demonstrate an advancement and progression towards executive level of Healthcare management and supervisory responsibilities.
- Three years experience in community organization, administration, or human services field with strong emphasis in grant writing, supervision and policy development is required.
- Demonstrated experience in business operations related to Health Care is required.
- Strong leadership abilities are required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720