Head Volleyball Coach, Seasonal
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Athletic Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||May 2, 2017|
Assist with the management and the administration of a well-balanced athletic program for all interested students in the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School.
- Observe student athletes while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvements.
- Coaches student athletes individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of student athletes to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Hold regularly schedules practice sessions.
- Assume responsibility of supervising student athletes after school, after practice and games until transportation is available to take them home.
- Assume responsibility of proper maintenance, care and needs of equipment, and facility.
- Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with other Athletic Team Coach, Head Coach, or Manager based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Coaching certification or such alternative as Ojibwe School Board may find appropriate.
- One to two years related experience and/or training is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720