Homelessness Social Worker, Full Time
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Accept referrals from Tribal and County Social Workers, Fond du Lac Housing Division and nonprofit providers and assess needs for Indian individuals and families living within the Fond du Lac service area.
- Identity and locate families/individuals needing services.
- Serve as primary case manager with up to 10 families at one time.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients with the short-term goal of harm reduction and long-term goal of self-sufficiency.
- Devise a service plan with the client and include short and long term, reasonable and attainable goals for individuals and family members as needed.
- Advocate for clients and serve as liaison with other providers.
- Be knowledgeable of in-house and other service providers in the area. Establish and maintain a networking system between Fond du Lac, St Louis and Carlton County Social Service Departments, and other providers.
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary. Assure the clients and families receive the mental health, chemical dependency, public health nursing, medical or other services they need as determined from the assessments. Prepare client/family for successful referral.
- Hold and/or attend team meetings for follow-up, as needed.
- Consult with other service providers regarding individual and family needs.
- Provide goal-oriented services to family members to teach skills to move forward independent of service providers.
- Provide in-home individual and family counseling. Schedule in-home time with all family members at least weekly and as often as necessary.
- Worker must utilize skill-building methods in the areas such as the following: advocacy, acquiring basic needs, budgeting, modeling, parenting, healthy interactions, tenant-landlord relations, mental health, chemical dependency and others as required by the client.
- On-going and regular conferences will be held with other staff members and partners regarding active cases.
- Written records will be kept according to Department of Human Services and Fond du Lac Social Services, or other required agencies.
- Be accessible 24 hours per day for caseload families (7 days per week).
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represent the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities that affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. Maintain proper attendance in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related social science field with two or more years of professional level work, supervised casework experience will be considered. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Family intervention experience and knowledge of dynamics of alcoholism and mental illness is required.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable insured vehicle is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing and in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720