Indian Child Welfare Social Worker/Children’s Mental Health Case Manager, Full Time
|Supervisor:||Social Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The Social Worker will provide case management, support, referrals, court advocacy and information for cases involved in child welfare and child protection.
- Accept referrals and assess unmet needs of Indian families.
- Develop service plans to address unmet needs of family.
- Serve as case manager for approximately 15 families per month.
- Provide individual and family counseling.
- Refer clients to other service providers as appropriate.
- Advocate for clients and serve as liaison with other providers.
- Consult with other service providers on individual family needs.
- Serve as the Children’s Mental Health Case Manager when appropriate.
- Complete monthly and quarterly, and annual reports promptly.
- Plan and conduct community recreational/education events.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field is required.
- Two years field experience in professional level job and case management experience is preferred.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720