Instructional Assistant, Part Time/On Call
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Ojibwe School Principal|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Assist the classroom teacher in all areas of instruction and classroom management.
- Assist with supervision of students.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior and maintaining order in the classroom, library, hallways, study halls, and outdoor play activities and on school grounds.
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work setup and assigned by the teacher to reinforce learning concepts.
- Alerts the regular teacher to any problems or specific information about an individual student.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
- Plans, prepares and develops various teaching aides such as bibliographies, charts and graphs.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of methods and techniques, such as: lecture, discussion and supervised role-playing.
- May specialize in specific subject area or total classroom experience.
- Distributes teaching materials to students, such as textbooks, workbooks, or writing paper and pencils.
- Set up and operates equipment such as film and slide projectors and tape recorders.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children.
- Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe and secure learning environment for all students.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems. Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher educations; or,
- Obtained an associate’s degree (or higher); or,
- Met rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through formal State or local academic assessment knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics. Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness and mathematics readiness, as appropriate. This can be demonstrated by passing the State of Minnesota Para-professional skills test.
- Ability to establish professional relationships with all parties involved, and facilitates harmonious working relationships at work and on projects, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720