Librarian or Media Generalist/Specialist, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Ojibwe School Principal|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Operates and supervises the media room to which assigned.
- Evaluates, selects and requisitions new library media materials.
- Assists teachers in the selection of media materials and makes media materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- Informs teachers and other staff members concerning new materials the media room acquires.
- Maintains a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all media materials, and instructs teachers and students on the use of the system.
- Arranges for inter-library loan of materials of interest or use to teachers.
- Works with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extend use of media resources.
- Promotes appropriate conduct of students using library and media facilities.
- Helps students to develop habits of independent reference work and to develop skills in the use of reference and media materials in relation to planned assignments.
- Presents and discusses materials with a class studying a particular topic, on the invitation of the teacher.
- Participates at curriculum meetings.
- Counsels with and gives reading guidance to students who have special reading programs or unusual intellectual interests.
- Arranges frequently changing book and media related displays and exhibits likely to interest the library’s patrons.
- Supervises students in the performance of their duties.
- Participates actively in the library and other educational and professional associations on the local, regional, state and national level.
- Removes obsolete and worn materials from the collections.
- Supervises the clerical routines necessary for the operation of the library.
- Actively advocates and demonstrates appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards toward creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Librarian/Media certification or such alternatives as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable is required.
- One to two years’ media generalist specialty experience is required.
- Experience working with American Indian children is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution to problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720