Maintenance Worker, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||March 2, 2017|
- Performs general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical systems. Performs maintenance to established schedules and procedures. Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems, and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks, and drains. Performs preventive maintenance in regard to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, furniture, doors, windows, hardware, and repairs as necessary. Reports any malfunctioning or dangerous equipment. Repairs when able to do so.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties as requested (i.e., snow removal, grass mowing, and trimming, etc.). Assists in maintenance of the pool, whirlpool, and sauna. Able to be pool certified or scheduled to be certified within a six month period of hire date is required.
- Cleans carpeting and floors as requested including gymnasium and pool area. Ability to operate floor care equipment. Maintains a clean and organized work area wherever the work area may be (i.e., shop, offices, public spaces, etc.). Assist in general errands and housekeeping duties as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Position requires on call availability.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Special Class C low-pressure boiler license required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Working knowledge of motors, pumps, HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry and furniture repair is required.
- Skilled with hand and power tools is required.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is desired.
- Knowledge of pool and whirlpool maintenance is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Ability to work above ground level such as on ladders and scaffolding is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720