Massage Therapist, Part Time
|Location:||MNAW Human Services Center|
|Supervisor:||Medical Clinic Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
- Provide massage therapy services to patients presenting to the clinic.
- Treatment will primarily consist of manual soft tissue manipulation that includes holding, causing movement, and/or applying pressure to the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress.
- Manage the massage therapy patient schedule to maximize the number of patient seen without compromising quality of care.
- Record all information gathered and decisions made in the patient chart following established charting policies.
- Following established medical guidelines educate patients regarding their treatments.
- Utilize appropriate educational materials pertaining to specific massage therapy issues.
- Collaborate with other members of the medical clinic and the physical medicine team as needed in the carrying out of prescribed duties.
- Maintain appropriate massage therapy licensure.
- With other clinic personnel, insure compliance with HIPAA and other applicable laws.
- Act as expert resource person to other staff.
- Serve on CQI committees as requested.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy. Reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management.
- Must be physically capable of providing massage therapy to all patients.
- Must be physically capable of providing assistance to some patients with muscle dysfunction on and off treatment tables.
- Graduate of approved massage therapy school is required.
- Appropriate Minnesota licensing is required.
- One year’s experience is preferred.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to establish relationships with all parties involved, and facilitate harmonious working relationships at work and on projects, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720