Meeting Specialist, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2017|
The Meeting Specialist position is primarily responsible for preparing, scheduling, filing minutes for the Reservation and Fond du Lac Management Inc. meetings.
- Ensures all received requests and documents are placed on the agenda and entered into the designated software program.
- Prepares the agenda for meetings and ensures all agenda items are complete and in the correct session.
- Prepares report packets for the Reservation Business Committee and Executive Director(s) and distributes in accordance with the meeting schedule.
- Attend Reservation Business Committee and Fond du Lac Management Inc. meetings and be responsible for recording, typing and filing minutes for regular, special and executive sessions, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system for the meeting minutes and the corresponding documents from the agenda.
- Keep the Executive Director(s) informed as to which Reservation Business Committee members will not be available to conduct business or attend meetings.
- Attend additional meetings as directed by supervisor and is responsible for recording, typing and filing minutes of these meetings.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school Diploma or GED is required.
- Five years administrative office experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in taking meeting minutes are required.
- Dictation or speedwriting skills are required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720