Nursing Assistant, Full/Part Time
|Location:||FDL Assisted Living|
|Supervisor:||Home Health Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
The Nursing Assistant works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide basic nursing care to residents in the Assisted Living facility and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
- Performs and documents routine delegated medical and/or nursing assigned therapy procedures such as: monitoring vital signs, blood glucose readings, simple wound care, etc.
- Feeds residents who, because of their condition, are at risk of choking.
- Assists with the bowel and bladder control devices and training programs.
- Provides skin care and assist the residents with maintaining their personal hygiene, including full or partial bathing, tub baths, showers and foot soaks.
- Assists residents with their oral hygiene, dressing, and hair care and toileting.
- Assists residents with remaining mobile, including daily walks and assistance with physical exercise when prescribed by a health care provider.
- Monitors activities of residents and encourage participation in group activities, entertainment, and other events.
- Provide medication assistance and/or medication administration to residents after receiving the required training, and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Anticipates and responds to residents’ needs and make regular rounds to check residents.
- Food preparation and cleaning in the commercial kitchen, using items such as a meat slicer, electric range, convection oven, Hobart dishwasher, etc.
- Meal preparation, including cooking and baking for up to 15 people per meal, adhering to established menus.
- Maintains commercial kitchen cleanliness and safety by following safe food handling guidelines; proper cleaning practices; etc, as required by health care authorities and accrediting bodies.
- Provides household chores and straightens resident’s quarters on a daily basis.
- Assists the residents and their families to access appropriate health and social services resources.
- Reports pertinent resident health and social changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Participates in resident care planning and care coordination.
- Participates in other health-related activities, as assigned by the Registered Nurse.
- Provides resident transportation to health care appointments, as assigned.
- Attends required educational training sessions and department meetings.
- Follows infection control and safety guidelines.
- Assists in planning and coordinating regularly scheduled events such as wellness activities, the Annual Health Fair, the Elder Picnic, etc.
- Assists other staff as needed to complete their work duties and activities.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- At least one year of experience in an assisted living or nursing home environment is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Experience working in an Indian community is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of staff/client information is required.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition, good health habits, and principals of good hygiene are required.
- Ability to use home and commercial kitchen appliances; cook and bake; read and follow recipes and menus and prepare food for a large group.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have reliable vehicle and with proof of insurance.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720