Nursing Assistant/Activities Specialist, Full Time
|Location:||FDL Assisted Living|
|Supervisor:||Home Health Services Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The Nursing Assistant/Activities Specialist works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide delegated nursing care and home maintenance tasks to clients in the assisted living residence. The NA/AS is also expected to organize and promote activities such as arts and crafts, games, music, social recreation, outings, and hobbies for the Fond du Lac elders, taking into account the needs, abilities, and interests of individual members. These activities will take place in the assisted living as well as out in the community.
- Perform and document routine delegated medical and/or nursing assigned therapy procedures such as: monitoring vital signs, blood glucose readings, simple wound care, etc.
- Assist the bowel and bladder control devices and training programs.
- Provide skin care and assists the clients to maintain their personal hygiene, including full or partial bathing, tub baths, showers and foot soaks.
- Assists clients with their oral hygiene, dressing, and hair care and toileting.
- Assist clients to remain mobile, including daily walks and assistance in physical exercise when prescribed by a health care provider.
- Provides medication assistance and/or medication administration to residents after receiving the required training, and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Anticipate and responds to residents’ needs and makes regular rounds to check residents.
- Food preparation and cleaning in the commercial kitchen, using items such as a meat slicer, electric range, convection oven, Hobart dishwasher, etc.
- Simple meal preparation for up to 15 people per meal, adhering to established menus prepared by cook.
- Maintains commercial kitchen cleanliness and safety by following safe food handling guidelines; proper cleaning practices; etc, as required by health care authorities and accrediting bodies.
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service.
- Report pertinent resident health and social changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Document duties completed and required client updates in Electronic Health Record.
- Participate in other health-related activities, as assigned by the Registered Nurse.
- Provide resident transportation to health care appointments, as assigned.
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines.
- Assists in planning and coordinating regularly scheduled events such as wellness activities, the Annual Health Fair, the Elder Picnic, etc.
- Host games/activities a minimum of 2 times a week for Fond du Lac Elders.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement activities, trips, events, and celebrations for Fond du Lac Elders both at a community setting and at the Assisted Living.
- Plan and implement programs to celebrate nationally recognized holidays and other special days.
- Provide transportation as needed/able to various outings.
- Prepare a monthly activities calendar to keep clients informed.
- Coordinate with other departments, community resources to provide activities effectively.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Bending, stooping, lifting, standing, carrying, transferring clients, bathing clients and walking for long period of time.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in either an assisted living, group home or other long term care setting is required.
- Experience organizing community activities is preferred.
- Experience in Indian community is preferred.
- Desire to serve as advocate for community. Knowledge and understanding of cultural, socio-economic, and emotional factors are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720