|Title:||Preventative Maintenance Technician, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Provide Preventative Maintenance Procedures on Transit vehicles including: Class 400 Transit Vehicles a 12-15 passenger vans and a three passenger Handicap Vehicle.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery, changing headlights and other light maintenance.
- Performs routine vehicle upkeep to include washing the exterior and cleaning of the interior of the vehicle as time permits.
- Maintain maintenance schedule for each vehicle.
- Raise trucks, buses, vehicles, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive transit vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly, and refer to vendor for major work orders with director’s approval.
- Examine and adjust protect guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds of equipment is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must have basic repair knowledge of gas vehicles with at least one year of experience.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and record keeping is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720