|Title:||Reading Buddies, Part Time|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
The reading buddies come in once a week to read with and listen to 1st – 3rd graders read. Each of these classrooms has ½ hour per day with their reading buddy for a total of 2 ½ hours per week. Each reading buddy has 1 – 2 students that they read with each week, while building a relationship with that child. Building self-esteem in the children; and reminding elders they are still needed is the keystone to this program.
- Reading to 1st – 3rd grade students.
- Listening to 1st – 3rd grade students read.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720