School Secretary/Receptionist, On Call/Sub
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately; notifies appropriate school-wide personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Processes student attendance and performs other identified administrative functions to promote the orderly and safe operation of the school system.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Processes student attendance on a daily basis and provides/exchanges attendance information to school personnel as necessary for monitoring and data management.
- Performs administrative functions to promote the orderly and safe operation of the school system.
- Receives and routes all incoming calls.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks .
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720