Telecom Inspector, Full Time Seasonal/Temp
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Director of Management Information Systems|
|Closing Date:||March 27, 2017|
Under general supervision, the Telecom Inspector reports to the Director of Management Information Systems (MIS) with responsibility to insure project inspection requirements and specifications are met. The Telecom Inspector will be primarily involved with activities related to the construction of outside fiber plant including; field staking preparations. Construction inspection and coordination and close out processing while maintaining communications with customers, contractors and co-workers.
- Provides timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field; and by maintaining or exceeding expectations.
- Responsible for planning, designing, construction and maintenance in the area of telecommunications with support to business development, client management, and construction.
- Duties include but are not limited to; review and implementation of design and plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of sub consultants and contractors.
- Works to ensure accuracy and on time performance in field communications construction and repair. Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
- Provide quality control on all project work.
- Coordinate preparation and field strategies for deployment and evaluation.
- Uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) instrumentation along with computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Additional duties may include preparation of utility permit applications, map assembly, specifications and contract creation.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Serve as onsite project representative. Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Work locations vary widely and travel between job sites and job crews are required.
- Perform within the parameters set by board authority including organizations mission, policies, planning, budgets and executive management.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry to up 50 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalency is required.
- Demonstrated experience in math computations, spatial reasoning and fine-motor skills to perform detailed work, such as cable splicing or fiber connectivity, within quality assurance parameters is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated experience in using job-related tools and equipment is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience in working with customers and field teams is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle tools and lift equipment related to job duties is required.
- Extensive travel and remote work in and around the Fond du Lac Reservation is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class D Driver’s License required. Must have a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance with liability insurance being the minimum coverage and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720