Transit Driver, Full Time/Part Time/On Call
|Location:||FDL Community Transportation|
|Pay Basis:||Non-Exempt (Hourly)|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
The Transit Driver provides transportation for Fond du Lac residents to and from locations designated by the customer as well as daily trips to Duluth and other duties, responsibilities, or events assigned by the Community Transportation Director.
- Operates Reservation bus on assigned routes to transport customers to and from destination.
- Operates Reservation bus on an on-demand transportation system to transport customers to and from destinations.
- Greets customers as they board and depart the bus. If necessary, assists customers on and off the bus.
- Responds to general requests for information.
- Keeps the bus interior clean.
- Conducts proper daily pre-trip inspections of the bus. Coordinates the use of other Fond du Lac vehicles when the bus is in for repairs and unavailable.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for customer comfort.
- Complete reports in the prescribed manner.
- Be knowledgeable of bus driverís manual contents.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Attend meetings and training program as instructed by the Community Transportation Director .
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting while operating the vehicle.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- If applicant does not possess a Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement at time of hire; they must receive the Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement within 3 months of hire date. Employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Ability to physically assist customers as necessary is required.
- The incumbent must immediately report any change in the status of their driverís license to the supervisor, and the personnel office.
- Ability to operate an automatic and manual transmission is required.
- First aid and CPR training is desired.
- Knowledge of locations and addresses in the local community is desired.
- Ability to be available to work all shifts is required.
- Incumbent is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of their uniforms, and to report to work in proper uniform at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservationís Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
- Class B CDL Driverís License with a passenger endorsement is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lacís insurance requirements.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720