Home Health Services - Assisted Living Residence
In order to be eligible to live at the Fond du Lac Assisted Living Residence, you must meet certain admission criteria:
- Transfer with minimal assist of one staff
- Evacuate building with minimal assistance by staff, and
- Use your personal call device.
A Registered Nurse will do a free assessment to screen for eligibility. Services and rent must be paid by the client through State Medical Assistance, private insurance or private pay. Assistance to determine Medical Assistance eligibility is available.
Please note that we are unable to meet nursing-home level of care needs such as Hoyer Lifts; bed-bound individuals or intense 24-hour skilled nursing care services.
All basic furnishing is provided for your room. Your room offers a “living space”, private sleeping area with a full-sized bed, private bathroom with a wheelchair accessible shower, and a large walk-in closet. Each apartment has a thermostat that can be set to a temperature that is comfortable for the resident. A microwave and mini-refrigerator are provided for the residents’ personal use.
Assisted Living Residence will provide residents with a personal call device.
Housekeeping & Cleaning:
Housekeeping services are included in a “Monthly Base Service Package.” Apartments are cleaned weekly, including dusting, vacuuming, emptying waste baskets, cleaning fixtures and appliances, mopping, cleaning bathroom and changing bed linens.
A 32” screen digital television set with Cable TV is provided for each individual apartment.
- Arts and crafts room is available for all residents.
- A family kitchen is available for use by all residents for special occasions, just in case the resident feels like baking something in the kitchen.
- The Great Room has a beautiful gas fireplace, stained glass artwork and lots of comfortable seating. Residents can visit with their family and other residents in the Great Room.
- The Laundry Room; as part of Base Service Package, staff will wash your clothes a once per week.
- The Patio area is located out the back door with a gas grill for cook-outs in the summer. Patio furniture allows residents to comfortably sit outside and visit with family and friends.
- The FDL Assisted Living is a smoke-free facility. There is a Smoke Room for the residents only!
- The Television Area is located just off of the Great Room and the Family Kitchen where residents can watch TV and movies together. On special nights we invite family and friends to enjoy popcorn and watch a good family movie.
- The Tub/Whirlpool room contains a step-through tub that makes a relaxing bath accessible for all residents.
- The Three Seasons Porch is where residents can wait for rides or just relax and enjoy the view.
- Located in the Sun Room are two public computers available for resident use just by asking for assistance.