|Title:||Groundskeeping Manager, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||July 3, 2021|
|Rate of Pay:||$35,570.00 per year|
|Contact:||Black Bear Human Resources, Phone: 218 878-2340|
- Operates heavy machinery such as loaders, backhoes, snowplows, graders, etc.
- Maintains records system of department activities. Logs all necessary information and informs Casino Manager as necessary.
- Reviews groundskeeper reports to ensure proper reporting, procedures, etc.
- Ensures that reports pertaining to incidents are suitable for outside distribution.
- Responsible for scheduling and assuring completion of maintenance to all fleet vehicles (vans, trucks, plows, etc.).
- Obtains the driver license number from any employee who is operating any of the fleet vehicles.
- Submits the driver license number to the Reservation Business Committee representative for license check and inclusion of driver on insurance policies.
- Reviews driver license records annually to ensure license remains in effect.
- May spot check for license from employee.
- Visually inspects all fleet vehicles to ensure they are being operated correctly.
- Oversees who is signing in and out and maintains the logs.
- Schedules workloads and plans projects.
- Reads blueprints.
- Works with contractors and vendors.
- Uses power and hand tools in maintenance and repair operations.
- Trims trees, plants trees, landscapes, and keeps grounds in good physical condition using fertilizers, etc.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Must attend all required Title 31 and/or SAR trainings.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Must have good manual dexterity.
- Good vision (with or without glasses) is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions
- Class B License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac Reservation’s insurance requirements. Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
- The incumbent must immediately report any changes in the status of their driver’s license to the supervisor, the Human Resources office, and the Security Manager.
- Any combination of education, work experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and record keeping is required.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise employees is required.
- Ability to obtain any required licenses is required.
- Ability to use power and hand tools effectively and safely is required.
- Ability to trim trees, cut lawns, landscape, snowplow, shovel walks, and otherwise keep grounds in good physical condition is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
Human Resource Department
Second Floor, Black Bear Hotel
1785 Hwy. 210, Carlton, MN 55718