|Closing Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$12 - $14 per hour|
The Rod Person should possess the skills, experience, and knowledge to support the Party Chief and Instrument Operator. This position reports directly to the Party Chief and will assist other positions as needed. The purpose of this position is to assist in the collections of surveying data needed to complete different types of survey work assignments for projects.
- Cut brush.
- Hold prism pole.
- Assist survey Party Chief / Instrument Operator.
- Carry supplies up to 50lbs.
- Driving light duty pickup truck in extreme weather conditions (if applicable).
- Walk long distances over uneven terrain carrying equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Lift and carry tools and equipment from vehicle to the job.
- Able to conduct physical tasks in extreme heat or cold conditions outdoors.
- Become familiar with your worker rights and responsibilities.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Assist in the development of safe work procedures.
- Assist in the development of Job Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct written daily pre-job risk assessments prior to the start of any tasks.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections to include a 360 walk-around to check vehicle and surrounding area for hazards.
- Report any hazards or unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
- Participate in incident investigations as requested.
- Pause or stop the job to address any safety or environmental concerns you may have and consult your supervisor.
- Mentor new hires or team members new to the job site to help them succeed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer literacy (Excel, email, timesheets).
- Ability to work in the field, in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to successfully pass drug screening.