|Title:||Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ADC) IV, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tagwii - Duluth|
|Closing Date:||June 16, 2021|
|Salary:||$30.00 - $34.50 per hour|
ADC IV will provide direct outpatient co-occurring counseling to clients of the Fond du Lac Human Services co-occurring outpatient chemical dependency programs. ADC IV will be responsible for conducting both chemical and mental health assessments, treatment planning and group, individual and family sessions. ADC IV will assist the program supervisor with all aspect of programming.
- May conduct State of Minnesota Rule 25 Assessments, authorizing chemical dependency treatment.
- Provide co–occurring treatment planning per Fond du Lac Ordinance and the 12 core functions of counseling.
- Provide mental health and chemical health screening for program clients.
- Perform mental health and chemical health one to one counseling, co-occurring education groups and family counseling sessions.
- Develop and provide appropriate educational materials for staff, community and clients.
- Provide clinical supervision as directed by program supervisor or department coordinator for ADC I and II.
- Participate on the client’s treatment team and collaborate with the treatment team members to promote the client’s recovery plan.
- Submit required reports to all appropriate parties.
- May be requested to transport clients.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- One of the following degrees are required:
- Master’s degree from a program of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Doctoral degree in Social Work o Master’s degree from a program of psychology accredited by the American Psychology Associate (APA)
- Doctoral degree in Psychology;
- Master’s degree in counseling by the Counsel for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Program (CACREP)
- And LICSW or equivalent licensure, and a LADC or equivalent licensure is required.
- Must obtain a Fond du Lac Reservation ADC IV license within 6 months of hire.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Must be CPR certified; if not currently certified must become CPR certified within 6 months of hire is required and must maintain CPR certification for duration of employment.
- Must complete Fond du Lac NARCAN training within 6 months of hire.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of use for at least two (2) years and able to document length of sobriety, and continued sobriety is required.
- Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
- Must document competence in screening for and working with clients with mental health problems, through education, training, and experience.
- Two years group and counseling required.
- 12 hours in clinical and ethical supervision training preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities, and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Position requires on-call availability.
- Operations may consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720