|Title:||Custodial/Security, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||Brookston Community Center|
|Supervisor:||Lead Maintenance Worker|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ|
- This position is responsible for all housekeeping required within an assigned area to insure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned area at all times. This position is also required to assist in safety, security and operation of the Brookston Community Center.
- Performs all routine housekeeping as follows:
- Clean all hard floors daily.
- Clean and maintain call carpet daily.
- Remove all trash daily.
- Clean all walls, doors, and door casings daily or as needed.
- Clean all desks and furniture daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all drinking foundations and sinks daily.
- Clean and disinfect all washroom facilities daily.
- Clean and fill all dispensers daily.
- Clean all miscellaneous items in washrooms such as partitions, mirrors, shelves, and etc. daily.
- Dust all ledges and window blinds daily or as needed.
- Clean custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Stock all custodial closets daily or as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment needed for cleaning daily or as needed.
- Report needed repairs daily or as needed.
- Report all problems to supervisor daily or as needed.
- Perform “deep cleaning” tasks in assigned area as routine work schedule allows. Tasks:
- Strip, scrub and refinish all hard floors as needed.
- Shampoo, extract and maintain carpets as needed.
- Clean all walls, doors casing top and bottom as needed.
- Clean all light fixtures as needed.
- Move furniture and equipment to clean underneath as needed.
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Clean all windows from inside and outside of entryway and office windows daily or as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all lockers and shower areas daily or as needed.
- Clean all entryway carpet runners as needed.
- Do necessary cleaning in miscellaneous areas such as storage areas, stairways as needed.
- Notifies Lead Maintenance Person concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Performs building security duties, ensures the building is secure at the completion of business hours.
- Reports any authorized persons in the designated work areas during business hours.
- Reports any unauthorized persons on the premises after business hours.
- Reports to work on time in accordance with Administrative policies.
- Provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. Manual dexterity is required. Working in a smoking environment.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment are required.
- Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Good physical health and endurance is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Ability to establish working relationships with all parties involved, and facilitate harmonious working relationships at work and on projects, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment, post accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720