|Title:||Dental Hygienist, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Supervisor:||Lead Dental Auxiliary|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$26.00 - $29.00 per hour
(sign on bonus of $5,000.00)
Provides comprehensive preventative dental care by providing clinical services, oral health education and advocating for patient’s overall well-being.
- Greet, escort, and seat patients.
- Review medical history and check if patient took pre-medication when needed.
- Record preliminary charting of the oral cavity and surrounding structures to include existing restorations, missing teeth, periodontal charting of pocket depths, mobility classifications and furcations involvement.
- Takes appropriate and diagnostic x-ray as prescribed by the dentist.
- Apply topical medication and cavity varnishes as prescribed by the dentist.
- Apply pit and fissure sealants as prescribed by the dentist.
- Administer local anesthetic as needed.
- Complete prophylaxis to include scaling and root planning, soft tissue curettage, and mechanical polishing to clinical crowns.
- Complete periodontal maintenance.
- Provide ultrasonic scaling, as needed.
- Remove excess cement from inlays, crowns, bridges, and orthodontic appliances with hand instruments.
- Remove sutures, as directed by the dentist.
- Remove marginal overhangs, with hand instruments.
- Take and pour alginate impressions for study models, whitening trays, occlusal guards, and interim prostheses as prescribed by the dentist.
- Provide topical fluoride treatments.
- Sharpen periodontal instruments.
- Complete patient charting of services performed.
- Inform dentist of any special treatment considerations and/or suspected pathology and infection immediately.
- Perform and record blood pressure and blood glucose screenings.
- Sterilize disinfect dental instruments and equipment according of HIS protocol.
- Triaging of emergency patients as directed.
- Completes all preparatory work of the patient prior to the treatment.
- Follow occupational safety guidelines for dental personnel.
- Update list of supplies and equipment needed on supply the list. Keep current inventory stocked.
- Clean and organize trays, tubs, and operatory drawers in hygiene room.
- Educate patients on oral health including plaque control instruction, oral appliance care, fluorides, nutrition and diet counseling and preventive dentistry as directed by the dentist.
- Perform oral health screening for community programs as requested and approved by the dentist.
- Assist in identifying dental high-risk groups and initiate preventive planning needs.
- Assist in community wide prevention requests and events from other Fond du Lac Entities.
- If applicable, may be requested to travel to homebound patients to provide care.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring community dental prevention programs, including the annual health fair and National Children’s Dental Health Month activities.
- Assist the receptionist with scheduling patient appointments and other duties as requested.
- Attend continuing education courses as requested by the Dental Coordinator.
- Attend Dental staff meetings.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities.
- Abide by the policies set forth by the Fond du Lac Reservation and Min No Aya Win Human Services Center.
- Department uniform is required and will be provided to the employee after 90-days of service. This uniform must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- Current Registration as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Minnesota is required, or Current student in their final semester of an accredited Dental Hygiene program and must successfully obtain their Registered Dental Hygienist Licensure within 90-days of hire.
- CPR certification is required, if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 90-days of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Completion of ADA approved course on Local Anesthesia is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Class D Driver’s license is desired.
- Knowledge of Native American communities, cultures, customs and belief is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitively is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccination.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720