|Title:||Fleet Mechanic, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$22.00 per hour|
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or minor overhaul buses, transit vehicles, and all types of diesel engines and gasoline engines.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brakes systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Performs routine vehicle upkeep to include washing the exterior and cleaning of the interior of the vehicle as time permits.
- Maintain maintenance schedule for each vehicle.
- Raise trucks, buses, vehicles, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive transit vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Examine and adjust protect guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds of equipment is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be a certified bus mechanic with proof of license is required; if not certified at the time of hire employee must become certified with in 6 months of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- One year of documented mechanic experience is required.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance is required.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and recordkeeping is required.
- Applicant must provide their own tools.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720