|Title:||Girls Basketball Head Coach, Part Time/On Call/Temp|
|Location:||FDL Ojibwe School|
|Supervisor:||Athletic Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||June 25, 2021|
Assist with the management and the administration of a well-balanced athletic program for all interested students in the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School.
- Observe student athletes while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvements.
- Coaches student athletes individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Oversees daily practice of student athletes to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
- Hold regularly schedules practice sessions.
- Assume responsibility of supervising student athletes after school, after practice and games until transportation is available to take them home.
- Assume responsibility of proper maintenance, care and needs of equipment, and facility.
- Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with other Athletic Team Coach, Head Coach, or Manager based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Coaching certification or such alternative as Ojibwe School Board may find appropriate.
- One to two years' related experience and/or training is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720