|Title:||Teacher Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Head Start|
|Supervisor:||Education and Disability Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.90 to $16.40 per hour|
Teacher and assistant will cooperatively plan and provide enriching developmentally appropriate experience for children in groups and individually which are culturally appropriate.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
- Maintains professional standards towards creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Assist Program Managers in planning and carrying out activities related to health, e.g., bathroom habits, safety in classroom, dental hygiene, and nutrition activities.
- Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students including playground area.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children.
- Participates in all education programs including local and regional in-service training, advisory committee, and community education meetings as directed.
- Participants/Instructs classes at all educational related events and activities, including attending extended day and or extended week.
- Flexibility to work some evenings for trainings or parent activities.
- Participate in all Head Start trainings.
- Serve as a bus aide on regular bus runs.
- Serve as a primary caregiver for children in the classroom.
- Provide two (2) home visits and two (2) family conferences for primary families with the teacher’s support.
- Participates in weekly lesson planning, observations and documentation.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements with the ability to lift carry or restrain a child.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping and sitting on the floor with children may be necessary.
- Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
- All vaccinations must be kept current.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- If not already completed a CDA, AA or BA, or upon hire candidate must enroll in a CDA program to be completed within two years.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of children in a day care, preschool, camp or other structured setting is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720