|Title:||Teacher, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Head Start|
|Supervisor:||Head Start Program Manager|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $18.01 per hour|
The essential role of the Teacher is to put the education plan into operation. The teacher is also responsible for implementing the Head Start Performance Standards and requirements into the classroom environment.
- Implement an education program for children.
- Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult to child interactions.
- Assess child progress and needs using classroom observation tool.
- Adapt the environment and curriculum using developmentally appropriate practices to meet the needs of all children in the classroom.
- Follow all health, nutrition and safety guidelines for an optimal classroom environment.
- Acts as an aide on bus runs to promote safe travel to and from school.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends and evenings if training or parent activities required.
- Maintain professional standards toward confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
- Turn in proper paperwork timely.
- Follow curriculum and assessment tools.
- Partner with families as team members in accomplishing program objectives.
- Share information with families via home visits, parent teacher conferences, classroom committee meetings; phone, personal and written communication as required.
- Invite and work with families to be effective classroom volunteers.
- Support families by sharing information on child development and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assist in accomplishing Head Start program objectives.
- Follow the program plan of the Director, Program Manger and support staff.
- Implement activities as specified in the Head Start guidelines.
- Participate in classroom observations and receive feedback on classroom improvement from the Program Manager.
- Participates in staff meetings including but not limited to all mandatory trainings.
- Be familiar with and promote the Head Start philosophy among staff, parents, collaborative partners and community.
- Work as a team with other staff and volunteers in the classroom.
- Help with routing classroom maintenance/cleaning to ensure a safe/clean and secure learning environment.
- Promote staff development.
- Attend training and education opportunities as required.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of classroom volunteer and classroom management while in the classroom.
- Ensure that you are familiar with Head Start Performance Standards and Reservation policies.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Normal physical requirements with the ability to lift, carry or restrain a child.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping and sitting on the floor with children may be necessary.
- Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
- All vaccinations must be kept current.
- CDA Certification or AA or BA in Early Childhood or related field is required.
- Two years of demonstrated experience in the supervision of children in a day care, preschool, or other structured setting is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720