|Title:||Health Care Assistant, Full/Part Time|
|Location:||MNAW, Assisted Living, Home Care Facility|
|Supervisor:||Public Health Nursing Coordinator|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||DOQ
(sign on bonus of $2,500.00)
The Health Care Assistant works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide basic nursing care to residents and assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
Both Home Care and Assisted Living:
- Perform and document routine delegated medical and/or nursing assigned therapy procedures such as: monitoring vital signs, blood glucose readings, simple wound care, etc.
- Feed residents who, because of their condition, are at risk of choking.
- Assist the bowel and bladder control devices and training programs.
- Provide skin care and assists the residents to maintain their personal hygiene, including full or partial bathing, tub baths, showers and foot soaks.
- Assists residents with their oral hygiene, dressing, and hair care and toileting.
- Assist the resident to remain mobile, including daily walks and assistance in physical exercise when prescribed by a health care provider.
- Monitor activities of residents and encourages participation in group activities, entertainment, and other events.
- Provides medication assistance and/or medication administration to residents after receiving the required training, and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Anticipate and responds to residents’ needs and makes regular rounds to check residents.
- Food preparation and cleaning in the commercial kitchen, using items such as a meat slicer, electric range, convection oven, Hobart dishwasher, etc.
- Meal preparation, including cooking and baking for up to 15 people per meal, adhering to established menus.
- Maintains commercial kitchen cleanliness and safety by following safe food handling guidelines; proper cleaning practices; etc, as required by health care authorities and accrediting bodies.
- Provide household chores and straightens resident’s quarters on a daily basis.
- Assist the residents and their families to access appropriate health and social services resources.
- Report pertinent resident health and social changes to the Registered Nurse.
- Participate in resident care planning and care coordination.
- Participate in other health-related activities, as assigned by the Registered Nurse or Public Health Nurse.
- Provide resident transportation to health care appointments, as assigned.
- Attend required educational training sessions and department meetings.
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines.
Home Care and Public Health:
- Assists in planning and coordinating regularly scheduled events such as wellness activities, the Annual Health Fair, the Elder Picnic, etc.
- Assists in writing and delivering the monthly Elder Newspaper and other client education items.
- Assist the other Public Health Nurse staff as needed to complete their work duties and activities.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Bending, stooping, lifting, standing, carrying, transferring clients, bathing clients and walking for long period of time.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Registration with the Minnesota Department of Health’s “Nursing Assistant Registry” is required.
- At least two years experience as a Health Care Assistant (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience in Indian community is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of staff/client information is required.
- ire to serve as advocate for community. Knowledge and understanding of cultural, socio-economic, and emotional factors are required.
- Knowledge of normal nutrition, good health habits, and principals of good hygiene are required.
- Ability to use home and commercial kitchen appliances; cook and bake; read and follow recipes and menus and prepare food for a large group.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720