|Title:||Health Unit Assistant, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Medical Clinic Nursing Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$17.00 to $21.73 per hour|
A Health Unit Assistant provides support to the medical staff at a health care facility. A Health Unit Assistant helps to keep the facility organized and coordinate communication between patients and medical staff. As a Health Unit Assistant, you will be asked to perform varied medical office and clerical duties such as schedule appointments and/or procedures, compile patients' chart notes such as discharge and visit summaries, obtaining medical records, ordering supplies, coordinating patient/provider schedules and preparing interagency forms needed to coordinate patient care.
- Coordinate patient check-in with the support staff.
- Oversee and optimize patient flow and communication with providers.
- Makes telephone calls to patients and other medical facilities at the direction of the providers.
- Manages patient flagging systems at the direction of the clinic nurse.
- Operates in-clinic paging system.
- Manages incoming and outgoing clinic department mail.
- Assists medical staff and patients with completion of visit summaries, medication lists, referrals and other medical forms as needed for optimal patient care and transition.
- Schedules patient appointments within the Human Services Division systems and also coordinates appointments of outside referrals.
- Manages inter-agency communication of needed health information for referred care.
- Assists medical department members with data entry, running reports and miscellaneous research as directed by supervisor.
- Assists with drafting of policies and procedures as they relate to the medical department.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Assists with the ordering of office and other medical supplies as needed by the medical department.
- Clerical duties may include typing as needed for memos, labels, reports, meeting minutes and other data entry as assigned.
- Responds to internal and external requests for department information as directed.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements which may include long term sitting or standing, light lifting, and repetitive motion (typing).
- Health unit coordinator diploma/certificate, associate degree in a health related field or Minnesota Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is required.
- 2 years of experience working in a hospital, family practice or IHS clinic is preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced medical clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccination.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720