|Custodian/Cleaner, Full Time
|Rate of Pay:
|$15.00 - $18.61 per hour
- This position is responsible for all cleaning required within the Housing office, Cloquet Elderly complex, and all vacant Housing units to insure clean, safe, healthful conditions in all spaces of the assigned areas at all times. This position is also required to assist in safety, security and operation of the Fond du Lac Housing Division.
- Performs all routine housekeeping as follows:
- Clean all hard floors.
- Clean and maintain all carpet.
- Remove all trash.
- Clean all walls, doors, and door casings daily or as needed.
- Clean all desks and furniture as needed.
- Clean and disinfect all drinking fountains and sinks.
- Clean and fill all dispensers.
- Clean all miscellaneous items in washrooms such as partitions, mirrors, shelves, etc.
- Dust all ledges and window blinds as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment needed for cleaning.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Report needed repairs.
- Report all problems to supervisor.
- Perform “deep cleaning” tasks in assigned area as routine work schedule allows. Tasks:
- Shampoo, extract and maintain carpet as needed.
- Clean all walls, door casing top to bottom as needed.
- Clean all light fixtures as needed. o Move furniture and equipment to clean underneath as needed.
- Clean upholstered furniture as needed.
- Clean all windows from inside and outside of entryway and office windows daily or as needed.
- Clean all entryway carpet runners as needed.
- Do necessary cleaning in miscellaneous areas as storage areas, stairways as needed.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Working in a smoking environment.
- Good physical health and endurance is required.
- Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment is required. Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured is required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction explicitly is required.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and the public is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720