|Title:||Skilled Laborer 1, Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $17.00 per hour|
Performs routine repair and general maintenance duties as needed to maintain both the interiors and exteriors of band member and band owned properties. Duties include, but are not limited to, carpentry, painting, plumbing, wall or floor repair, and minor electrical repairs.
- Performs general repair and maintenance work including:
- Checking and performing minor repairs (including replacement) on plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks, faucets, replacing of fittings, and clearing drains.
- Plaster and drywall repair or replacement.
- Painting – interior or exterior.
- Light electrical repair such as light fixture, outlet or switch replacement, appliance repair.
- Performs basic carpentry tasks including, but not limited to, exterior siding, access ramps, porches, steps, flooring, sub-flooring, doors and door locks, windows, ceiling, baseboards, roofing, cabinetry and trim.
- Tiling, carpet installation, and other flooring-related tasks.
- Functions independently, or as part of a work crew engaged in installation, maintenance and carpentry repair projects and tasks.
- Transports materials, equipment and tools to work sites.
- Receives work orders and coordinates projects tasks; determines equipment, materials, tools and supplies required per job site.
- Assist in cost estimates, work orders and purchase orders for required materials, supplies and equipment; maintains inventory records concerning assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs necessary calculations in estimating materials and supplies requirements, i.e., measuring distances and square footage, measuring angles and heights, figuring quantities and coverage.
- Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles utilized per work site; ensures adherence to principles and practices of safe use and operation of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles.
- Performs clean up and work site restoration activities, i.e., cleaning flooring, wiping down surfaces, picking up scrap material.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
- Ability to move, climb, and work on all types of uneven surfaces and ladders at heights up to 60 feet is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Moderate risks may be encountered in walking over rough terrain, loading and unloading and transporting equipment, and supplies.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License is required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s insurance requirements.
- Ability to identify and apply appropriate methods required to complete assigned tasks within the scope of the work assigned is required.
- Skill in reading blueprints and project plans is required.
- Knowledge of industry safety standards is required.
- Skill in use of hand tools is required.
- Mathematic ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages and utilize geometric principles.
- Ability to understand and accept written, oral and diagrammatic instruction is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Some travel may be required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720