|Title:||Medical Records Clerk, Full Time|
|Location:||MNAW & CAIR|
|Supervisor:||Electronic Medical Records Supervisor|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 to $17.25 per hour|
Receives, records, processes and distributes patient medical records to assist the efficient provision of medical care.
- Answer Medical Records phone and complete requests.
- Review visit encounters for completion.
- Scan incoming medical record information, insert in proper areas of Image Control System and task to appropriate medical providers for review.
- Understands and implements eligibility rules with regards to patient appointments.
- Retrieve printed records and documents for processing.
- Send out copies of medical records as requested and consistent with departmental policy and procedures.
- Distribute incoming mail to appropriate provider.
- Attend Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) meetings and help with administrative CQI efforts.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year of medical records and medical terminology experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720