|Title:||Security Guard, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Human Services|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 - $16.10 per hour|
To be responsible for the safety and security of personnel, patients/clients, and all facilities managed by the Human Services Division (HSD). Maintain surveillance and monitor all the properties and grounds of the HSD and report all activities as develop in policy and procedure.
- Examines and becomes familiar with every part of assigned areas and reports all issues that endanger the safety of the public and employees at HSD facilities.
- Patrols assigned area to prevent crime; protect company assets and property; report any disturbances, violations of law; suspicious activity or persons, and assists employees and the public.
- Prepares necessary reports relating to all incidents encountered in a timely manner and according to policy.
- Maintains peace and order at all entrances.
- Maintains a special awareness for fires and other safety hazards.
- Evaluates emergency measures for evacuation of assigned areas.
- Reports any disorderly visitors, clients, patients and employees.
- Reports all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Controls/directs traffic if needed.
- Reports employee theft, unusual behavior, or irregularities.
- Responsible for the notification of local law enforcement agencies when appropriate.
- Submits all reports to Facilities Coordinator and ensures that he/she is aware and informed of all situations.
- Provides general patrol of assigned area of the interior and the exterior property of HSD facilities.
- Monitors special activities.
- Department uniform is required and provided to the employee, which must be worn during scheduled work hours unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Normal physical requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree in law enforcement is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid training is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified one year of hire, and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American communities, culture, customs, and beliefs is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with Native American Clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer is preferred.
- Ability to work with the public is required.
- Ability to communicate and to act responsibly in an emergency situation is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720