|Title:||Senior Construction Projects Manager, Full Time|
|Location:||FDL Tribal Center|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Programs Executive Director & Tribal Enterprises Executive Director|
|Closing Date:||June 25, 2021|
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a number of mid-level employees within the company. As a key player in the management department, you will ensure that all assigned tasks are completed on a regular basis and that all company rules and regulations are enforced.
- As an owner representative, this position will work closely with Reservation Business Committee, Executive Directors, and other division directors to achieve productivity goals, increase revenue, and contribute to the company's overall success.
- Lead and assist in development of projects and programs that will establish quality objectives.
- Manage teams through all phases of cycle development, including analysis, project design and development, testing periods, installation and final delivery.
- Oversee a department and team of project managers, including budget management, scheduling and risk analysis.
- Interface directly with applicable parties to clearly define project requirements and expectations.
- Create a work plan that includes a schedule, milestones, control and risk factors.
- Identify complex risks, lead reviews, create risk mitigation and implement action plans.
- Manage multiple projects individually and as a team, all simultaneously.
- Protect confidential and sensitive information.
- Enhance company and department reputation by accepting ownership, exploring new possibilities and adding value to the organization.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business strategies, goals and missions.
- Collaborate with executive-level managers, and provide relevant feedback regarding the performance of individual employees and the department.
- Meet with financial and accounting heads to establish periodic revenue goals and implement strategies on a regular basis.
- Review files from Human Resources and choose candidates that can actively contribute to company projects.
- Discusses quality of assignments with employees, and highlight areas that need improvement in the future.
- Ensure that employees have a supportive and dynamic workspace and the resources they need to provide excellent service to clients and outside vendors.
- Resolve client and vendor complaints in a timely and respectful fashion, and ensure that the company maintains a positive image and provides unrivaled services.
- Responsible for creating quarterly and annual reports using a variety of statistics, written data, and employee evaluations, and present the findings to Executive Directors and Reservation Business Committee.
- Participates in the recruitment and interview process for prospective employees.
- Must travel to multiple work locations throughout the day.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality for financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, lifting, crawling, climbing, reaching, kneeling and balancing above ground are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class D Driver’s License required and must be insurable under Fond du Lac’s Insurance policy.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Project Management, Master's preferred; or 10 years’ experience in construction project management, or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required; if not certified at the time of hire must become certified within 1 year. Must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- Ten years management or supervisor experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, databases and/or data entry, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of American Institute of Architects is required.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, enthusiastic corporate environment.
- Experience in designing and managing entire projects is required.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing professionally is required.
- Knowledge of Tribal operations, regulations and ordinance is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Travel is required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720