|Title:||Transit Driver, Full/Part Time/On Call|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$15.00 per hour|
The Transit Driver provides public transportation within the Fond du Lac Reservation boundaries and surrounding area to include daily scheduled trips to Duluth.
- Operates transit bus on assigned routes to transport customers to and from destination.
- Operates transit bus on an on-demand transportation system to transport customers to and from destinations.
- Greets customers as they board and depart the bus. If necessary, assists customers on and off the bus.
- Responds to general requests for information.
- Keeps the bus interior clean.
- Conducts proper daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the transit bus.
- Reports when the transit bus is in need of repairs to the Transit Coordinator.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for customer comfort.
- Complete reports in the transit procedures.
- Fills in for Transit Dispatcher as necessary:
- Schedule appointments for the Fond du Lac Transit services.
- Answers public inquiries regarding transit services.
- Makes copies of next day’s passenger schedules.
- Coordinates and monitors daily transportation activities via two-way radio, telephone and person to person.
- Verifies transit fares and submits daily deposits under dual control requirements.
- Checks and submits drivers log sheets.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Prolonged sitting while operating the vehicle.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse weather conditions.
- Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement is preferred.
- Ability to operate an automatic and manual transmission is required.
- Ability to physically assist customers as necessary is required.
- The incumbent must immediately report any change in the status of their driver’s license to the supervisor, and the personnel office.
- First aid and CPR training is desired.
- Knowledge of locations and addresses in the local community is desired.
- Operations consist of shift work; seven days a week and on holidays.
- Incumbent is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of their uniforms, and to report to work in proper uniform at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720