|Title:||Tribal Monitor/Field Crew Technician, Full Time Temp Seasonal|
|Location:||FDL Resource Management|
|Supervisor:||Field Crew Supervisor|
|Closing Date:||Permanent Posting|
|Rate of Pay:||$25.00 per hour|
Assists in implementing the Tribal Cultural Resource Management Survey and/or Tribal Monitoring field methodology as set forth in the Work Plan and works under the direction of the Tribal Monitor/Field Crew Supervisor.
- Carries out the investigative methodology employed for the Tribal Cultural Resource Management Survey and/or Tribal Monitoring plan under the direction of the Tribal Monitor/Field Crew Supervisor.
- Performs pedestrian walkover, shovel test pits, excavation units, soil cores, site mapping, feature recordation, survey techniques, and other field tasks as assigned.
- Takes thorough, accurate, and legible notes that are documented daily describing survey activities such as text descriptions, photographs, sketches, maps and GPS coordinates of sites surveyed.
- Adheres to safety protocols.
- Report all activities and findings to the Tribal Monitor/Field Crew Supervisor daily and weekly.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of all financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds is required.
- Prolonged walking and standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including work in adverse and extreme weather conditions.
- Risks can include but are not limited to snake or insect bites and or poisonous plants.
- Archaeological field school training is required; if training not completed, training will be provided and must be completed prior to starting employment.
- Knowledge of historic properties of religious and cultural significance to Tribal groups is preferred.
- Understanding of Federal and state laws, regulations pertaining to antiquities on public, private (fee), and tribal (trust) lands is preferred.
- Experience working in archaeology and/or cultural resource management is preferred.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally and knowledge of cross cultural protocols is preferred.
- Ability to operate a digital camera, video camera, metal detector, binoculars, compass, cellular phone and GPS/GNSS Receiver is preferred.
- Valid Class D driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
- Travel is required, and transportation is provided to work locations.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720