Powwow Fond-du-Luth Casino FDL Police Black Bear Casino Resort Assisted Living Facility FDL Transit



Energy Assistance Program

Fond du Lac Community Services provides energy assistance to community members in need. Interested people can click the links below to fill out the Energy Assistance Form, see income guidelines, and see the Minnesota Dept. of Commerce, Office of Energy website. Turn in Energy Assistance Forms to the Community Services office in the Tribal Center.

Three Ways to Apply:

Verification of Income and Expenses - Required for all applicants who have no income

Self-Employment Work Sheet

2023 Income Guidelines - We are requesting one month of income not three.

Explanation of Services:

Energy Assistance Frequently Asked Questions

Basic Energy Assistance
Primary Heat Assistance assists in paying a portion of the household's home heating bills. Client applications are taken from late fall to early spring. Payment is made directly to the client's fuel vendor.

Energy Crisis Assistance
Available for emergency situations such as utility shutoff notices or non-delivery of fuel.

Energy Related Repair
Funds used for owner occupied homes to correct emergency problems with heating systems.

Elder Current Bill

Crisis funds can be used to pay a current bill for households with at least one member over the age of 60. Individuals should call the EA office for more information.

What is a Crisis?

A crisis is when a household has a disconnect from a metered fuel (electric or city gas) or has less than 20% of a delivered fuel (propane or oil). For delivered fuels, the vendor must refuse to deliver without pre-payment. To apply crisis funds to a metered fuel crisis households must have a disconnect date. Households should work with both the energy assistance office and the delivered fuel vendor to be able to use crisis money. Funding can be used to cover arrears and the current purchase of fuel. We cannot go back and apply payments to fuel purchased in the past.

Households in Lake, Cook, or St Louis counties should contact AEOA 1-844-568-0149.
Households in Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Pine, and parts of Carlton County should contact Lakes & Pines 1-800-832-6082.
Those living in other MN counties should call 800-657-3710, to find their local provider.

Applications can be mailed to:

Fond du Lac Energy Assistance
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720

MN DOC Energy Office Website


Joan Markon | Email Link

Kelsey Diver | Email Link

FAX: 218-878-2660