Community Health - WIC Program
What is WIC?
The Women, Infants and Children Program is a special supplemental nutrition program known to many people as WIC. It provides vouchers for supplemental foods that promote good health, nutrition education and referrals to other related programs.
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Women who have a baby less than six months old
- Infants and children up to five years old
- Be eligible for services through Fond du Lac
- Be at nutritional risk
- Meet liberal income guidelines
Voucher pick up:
Occur monthly, or in some cases, every three months.
What can you expect from WIC?
- Nutrition Education
- Information on other programs and referrals
- WIC vouchers for food
- Equal treatment
How can you get WIC?
Make an appointment at for WIC clinic by calling:
MNAW @ 218-879-1227 or CAIR @ 218-726-1370
WIC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.